23 Nov 2023
Pathways Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist Vacancy - Bradford Bulls
Due to an internal promotion, there is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our thriving pathway environment.
To be discussed at interview
11/12/23 – 15/12/23
Role – Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist
Department: Performance Department
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business
The successful candidate will work within our Elite Pathway Sports Science/ Medicine and Performance Team.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Academy Head Coach / Head of Youth. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills to represent the Department. Clinically the candidate must exhibit exceptional knowledge of current evidence-based practice, have a thorough understanding of upper, lower and spinal pathologies and have an outstanding ability to coach athletes through field and gym-based rehabilitation. The candidate must demonstrate sound knowledge of strength and conditioning principles and practice, including energy system development, strength and power development, neuromuscular capacity/control and coordination training, and flexibility/ mobility training. The candidate must exhibit an understanding of the nervous system and utilise the biopsychosocial model in their daily practice.
The Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist must demonstrate excellent confidence in the ability to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate injuries with an appropriate time-frame, with a prognosis in line with those of sporting demands and concurrent training.
- Lead all physiotherapy services for the Academy / Reserves team
- Assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of all Academy / Reserves team athletes including gym and field-based rehab
- Screening of short and long-term injury risk
- Design and implement management plans of injured athletes
- Design and implement individualised injury risk reduction programs to all identified athletes
- Provide evidence-based manual therapy techniques including soft tissue therapy and joint mobilisations
- Provide pitch-side trauma cover for training and games
- Appropriate record keeping in line with medico-legal requirements and those regulatory bodies
- General house-keeping and maintenance of the Department
- Key point of liaison within the department
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Strength and Conditioning and Performance Team regarding training schedules, workload and programmes both on field and gym based
- Have a clear and transparent pathway of communication with the Coaching Team and other Stakeholders
- Take an active role in the maintenance of standards and criteria set within the RFL Audit
- Oversee the entire medical department including first team, reserves, academy and scholarship programs
- Take an active role in the development of all staff within the department inclusive of 1st Team, Reserves, Academy and Scholarship
- Maintain close relationships with universities, including but not limited to Bradford University, Leeds Beckett University and Leeds Trinity University
- Facilitate, supervise and educate physiotherapy Intern students for placements
- Maintain and drive standards of discipline, respect and professional behaviour within the Department
- BSc in Physiotherapy/ Sports Therapy/ Sports Rehab as a minimum.
- I-IMOFFP or IMMOFP qualifications or desire to obtain
- Current DBS Clearance
- Appropriate experience in high performance sport
- Prior experience of Pitch-Side Duties
- Prior Clinical Experience in the Musculoskeletal and sport setting including the use of contemporary methods of injury management rehabilitation as part of a return to play pathway
- Knowledge of strength and conditioning principles
- Ability to Lead a Team of Intern Students
- Experience in a Rugby environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and develop trust and rapport with the athletes
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with different departments effectively, communicating and distributing information
- Hard working
- Flexibility of working week
- Evidence of a commitment to individual professional development
- Leadership skills
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role
- Full and clean UK driving licence
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. Under the Disclosure and Barring Service and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Disclosure and Barring Check will be required in this post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter outlining why you are suited for this role.