11 May 2022
OPPOSITION GUIDE | YORK CITY KNIGHTS
Ahead of this Sunday's Betfred Championship Round 11 clash, we take a look at our opponents - York City Knights!
- York City Knights head into this weekend's clash at Odsal Stadium on the back of five successive Betfred Championship victories and sit third in the league ladder.
- Their most recent victory came over Barrow Raiders at Craven Park - with former Bull Joe Brown setting the Knights to a 30-18 victory.
- The City Knights roster went through wholesale changes having missed out on the Betfred Championship play-offs in 2021 - with experienced half-back duo Jamie Ellis and Liam Harris joining the club from Leigh Centurions and Halifax Panthers respectively.
- Will Oakes, Jacob Ogden, Joe Brown and James Glover are all new additions to the back line - with Masi Matongo a new face in the engine room.
- York City Knights are coached by James Ford, who has been at the club since 2015 and was in charge as they finished top of Betfred League One in 2018.
- Ford spent 12 years as a player for a number of Betfred Championship sides including the Knights, with whom he ended his playing career.
- The aforementioned Joe Brown and Masi Matongo have both donned the red, amber and black previously - the latter featuring for a solitary game against the Knights in 2021.
- Joe is a product of the Bradford Bulls Academy and having left the club in 2017, he rejoined the club and spent two and a half years back as a Bull before his off season move to York.
- York City Knights play at the impressive LNER Community Stadium, which is also shared with York City Football Club and boasts a capacity of 8,500.
- The Bulls did the double over James Ford's Knights in 2021, a 37-18 win made it a successful homecoming to Odsal Stadium before a 36-18 victory at the LNER Community Stadium last August.
CLICK HERE to book your spot - alternatively, call us on 0333 323 5075 or visit the Team Shop.
Bradford Bulls Team Shop Opening Hours
Tuesday to Friday (10:00-17:00)
Sunday HOME MATCHES ONLY (13:00-15:00)